IDFA Online Learning
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is IDFA Learning?
Learning is the new home for all of the resources for IDFA Members. The Learning site also includes materials (or “products”) in many different formats, including live webinars, past webinar recordings, reports, articles, sample documents and templates, blogs, and much more!
What types of resources are on IDFA learning?
Learning includes many types of materials that will help CDFA professionals, and other divorce professionals, keep up-to-date with information on effective CDFA practices, as well as trends in the industry.
On Learning you’ll find:
- Upcoming Live Webinars and Webinar Recordings: You can register for any of our upcoming free webinars. It’s not too late to catch up with a live webinar you missed and earn CDFA-CE credit upon passing the associated quiz! (Quizzes only available for the past 3 month’s webinars)
- Reports and Publications: Review research and insights from the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts and other organizations that focus on finances, family law and divorce.
- Sample Documents and Templates: These resources have been shared by IDFA to help build your CDFA practice.
- Blog Posts: Tap into the thoughts and wisdom shared through IDFA’s blog, as well as those published by other experts in the financial, legal and divorce space (with permission).
- Articles: Gain access to articles found in previous issues of the DFA Journal.
- CE Directory: IDFA has partnered with continuing education providers to offer CE courses that adhere to curriculum standards. You can search through all available courses and register on the CE sponsor site.
How do I access the resources on IDFA Learning?
Log in with your IDFA Member credentials to gain access to Learning’s full resources (or “products”).
How can I find the resources I need, and the format I prefer, on the IDFA learning site?
There are several ways to see what materials (or “products”) Learning has to offer. You can:
- Use the large icons on Learning's main page to go to the page with the resource of interest to you. Choose from Conferences, CE Directory, Resources (reports, articles, samples and templates), or Webinars. From each of those pages, you can browse around to see what’s available.
- Use the dropdown in the right sidebar to select one or more categories (topic areas) and/or a format type (such as articles or live webinars).
- Use the search box in the right sidebar to enter the keyword(s) that match your learning needs and interests.
- Visit the full catalog to drill down by category and/or format type, then sort the results by the date added to Learning or by the interest areas you’ve indicated in “My Profile.”
Content is being added all the time, so be sure to visit periodically to see the latest additions.
Do I need to register to access resources (or “products”) on IDFA Learning?
For items that are available to you at no charge, such as the free monthly IDFA webinars, registration is complete once you click the “Register” button. You can access the item by clicking the blue box with the arrow next to the item overview. The free item will appear in “My Cart” if you have any products waiting to be purchased.
If a product costs a fee, you’ll need to register to become an IDFA Member and complete the transaction in “My Cart.”
Why are some IDFA Learning materials (or “products”) free, and others cost money?
IDFA Members have free access to all Learning “print” materials (articles, reports, sample documents and templates), live webinars, DFA journal access, etc. Select learning “products” such as IDFA Marketing Materials, may be offered at a discount. IDFA Members also receive a discount on conference registration.
Non-members may purchase IDFA Course Modules and the DFA Journal, view the “For the Public” resource pages, as well as register for the annual conference, but are ultimately encouraged to become an IDFA Member. You can become an IDFA Member here!
What is “My Profile”?
This feature allows you to customize your Learning experience by indicating what topics are important (and not so important) to you. Your selections will determine what you see in the “Recommended for You” sections of the Learning site. Revise your selections at any time based on your professional development or changes in your career path.
Access “My Profile” from the Learning menu, under “About”, in the top blue navigation bar or the Learning menu box in the right sidebar.
What is “My Dashboard”?
This feature allows you to easily review the list of materials you’ve registered for or purchased, then link to them to explore them further. Note that most “print” materials like articles and reports have no access time limit, whereas a live webinar will have a registration time limit.
Access “My Dashboard” from the Learning menu, under “About” in the top blue navigation bar or the Learning menu box in the right sidebar.
What is “My Cart”?
Here, you can review the list of items (or “products”) you’ve registered for or plan to purchase. From the shopping cart you can complete your purchases and access your materials.
Access "My Cart" from the Learning menu in the top blue navigation bar.
I attended a live webinar from IDFA. How can I access the webinar recording and slides?
IDFA will update the Learning “Webinars" page under “Webinar Recordings” with the recording and presentation slides in 2 weeks after the live webinar takes place.
I’m having technical issues with the site. Whom do I contact?
Send the IDFA Marketing department an email and they’ll try to get your issue handled.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|