IDFA Online Learning
Day 1, October 5th - All Times EST
Exhibit Hall12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Conference Welcome 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Conference WelcomeView Session
Carol Lee Roberts
COVID-19’s Impact on Social Security Claiming Decisions 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
COVID-19’s Impact on Social Security Claiming DecisionsView Session
Social Security benefits represent one of the few sources of guaranteed income that retirees can count on for life. Deciding when and how to claim Social Security benefits is one of the most important decisions that retirees will ever make, but the rules are complicated. While there has been a growing appreciation in recent years of the value of delaying Social Security to maximize lifetime benefits, the COVID-19 pandemic and its devastating impact on the economy has prompted some Americans to rethink their previously planned Social Security strategy. Whether responding to job loss or market volatility concerns, claiming Social Security earlier than planned can resolve some immediate income needs.
In this two-hour session, you will:
- Understand how claiming age affects the amount of Social Security benefits received by retirees and their surviving spouses;
- Learn how earnings from a job can reduce benefits if claimed before full retirement age and what to do if you retire after exceeding annual earnings limits;
- Discover strategies to reverse early claiming decisions and create larger future benefits.
Mary Beth Franklin
Implementation Impasse: Why Good Clients Don’t Follow Great Advice 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Implementation Impasse: Why Good Clients Don’t Follow Great AdviceView Session
The plan is logical; the advice is sound; the client voices full agreement; and yet – NOTHING is happening! Is the client stuck? Resistant? In need of more persuading? How you choose to frame this inaction can affect everything that follows in your work together.
Dr. Somers has long studied what happens in this moment of a relationship, and how to effect more positive outcomes. Join the author of the bestselling business book, Advice that Sticks,to learn all about the problem of non-adherence and the practical solutions for it. Leave with a blueprint for creating working alliances that are stronger than ever.
Audience takeaways include:
- Knowledge of the five factors that affect whether clients will follow through on their good intentions and commitments
- Strategies for assessing and increasing clients’ readiness to implement
- Tactics for preventing burnout and compassion fatigue
Dr. Moira Somers
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|