IDFA Online Learning
Pension Valuations and the Audit Trail within Family Law Software
Recorded On: 07/16/2019
During this session, we will discuss defined benefit pension valuations and the coverture calculation. Key topics to be covered include:
- What are the determinants of pension value?
- When would you valuate a pension, as opposed to using a QDRO?
- What is a mortality table and what table should you use?
- What is the coverture fraction?
- How must the coverture fraction coordinate with the monthly benefit used in the valuation?
Founder, Family Law Software
Daniel Caine is a Massachusetts-based attorney and is an active founder of Family Law Software, Inc., along with Wendell Smith, both of whom were also partners in the company that developed the critically-acclaimed and best-selling income tax software program “TaxCut,” which was sold to H&R Block, and who continue to market the product today.